Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Random.....

So here are some completely random thoughts, videos and pictures......sorry :)

Caleb is doing great.  His pneumonia is gone.  He still has a cough but no fever!! 

He loves being swaddled in a blanket like a baby and being rocked.  He would lay there forever.  We have been doing it for about 15 min before nap and bed and practicing our bababa.....mamama....dadada....lalala sounds along with animal sounds.  It keeps excellent eye contact between us and he loves trying to repeat me.  I love just having him and I with no distractions.

He still is not liking the feel of food on his hands but if you give him a fork he does great!

Ana and him are getting along better.....I think it is more her realizing he no longer is going to back down :-)

His is getting stronger.  In Ch*na if you remember, he would fall asleep anywhere and multiple times a day.  Well now he only is sleeping at nap and bedtime although he still does love his sleep.  This morning I finally got him up at 8:30am!

----------------------------------------------------------
He loves, Loves, LOVES his shadow and will sit forever outside moving his hands and talking to his shadow.  You can also find him sitting in the livingroom by the window trying to get at the perfect spot that he can make shadows with his hands....it is too cute!


-------------------------------------------------------------

Our family loves music.  We love to sing (even if we are not even close to being good....well mostly I'm not good...lol) and I have always since the kids have been little loved putting on music and dancing around the room with them.  They now love to turn up the music and dance.  So sweet!!!




---------------------------------------------------------------

Ok let me just say I love summer but I dispise no really I hate sidewalk chalk.  All last year I complained about having to scrub it out of Katie's clothes.  She loves to rub, rub, rub it on the ground and make dust and then transfer it to a bucket.  I don't get it but she loves it so much I couldn't deny her the fun this year.  What I wan't expecting is Ana to love it too.  So now I have 2 girls with dust filled clothes each day.  Yesterday I spent 45 min scrubbing before I could even start the wash ...lol :)


------------------------------------------------------------------

While in Ch*na I realized how much I cherish our kids and how I don't want to miss out on anything.  I always felt this way but since home I have been trying to have more one on one with each of them to really get some good, fun, full attention on them kind of time.  I love it!!!  Saturday Katie and I had a little girls fun.  We packed up a backpack with nail polish, drinks and make up and headed to the park.  We took our time and rode our bikes, which with Katie does go a bit slow ;)  Once there it was the best to just do what she wanted. 




putting on lip gloss

she painted my nails and did a very good job!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So what does spring with summer weather mean around here?!?!?  Well lots of fun, ice cream and fishing :)  This weekend it was raining so we got our ice cream to go and headed home.  Threw a blanket on the floor and tossed into a movie.  I love nights like that!!!

oh yes he loved his ice cream and did quite well feeding himself!


Aggghhhhh....he is so hard to get a picture that isn't silly.  all boy


using mom as a movie theater seat.

Nathan getting the poles ready to go catch us dinner!

I just had to add this it was too cute him sleeping on his bear and yes many times he sleeps with his eyes half open.....very odd to me


We are just LOVING life and have fallen into a groove.  I'm loving having the kids keeping me busy which would explain the lack of posts.  By the time we have them in bed I am shot....lol.   I will try to do better but no promises!


5 comments:

  1. The videos are just too cute!!!

    So glad to hear he is feeling better too. Hopefully he is sleeping better during the night for you as well. He's a doll! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious precious videos!! I love the dancing, especially Jack and Diane! Ha! Super cute!!! That little Caleb is adorable and I love how his big brother is encouraging him so much. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is so sweet...it just melts my heart! Your girlie time with Katie - love it!!

    On Sidewalk Chalk - remember about 8 months ago when an experienced mama told me that having sidewalk chalk and a chalkboard in my toddlers room would likely result in chalk all over every inch of his room? Yep. I should have listened :) I, too, now hate sidewalk chalk. :)

    So excited to come play tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you want any more???? Baby Nicky on the child of the month on
    RR is sooooooo cute. Me and my co workers are helping to fund raise for him and help any family who commit to him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet little ones you have! The video with the head bopping is too cute. Love it.
    I came from the blog hop. :) So nice to find your blog. The name sound familiar, I think I've been here before. God bless

    ReplyDelete